Dabeli Recipe | How to make Kutchi Dabeli Recipe
How to make Dabeli recipe at home with step by step photo recipe. Kutchi Dabeli recipe originating from Kutch, Gujarat. In Dabeli Recipe, boiled potato, dabeli masala, garlic chutney, sev, masala peanuts and pomegranate which are stuffed in pav and roast on tawa with butter or oil. You can also make dabeli masala at home or use readymade Dabeli masala which is easily available in a provision store, you can bring that and easily make dabeli recipe at home.
Kutchi Dabeli Recipe
Dabeli is a popular street food in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Dabeli word means “pressed”. Hence, it is because the pav is stuffed, pressed and roast on tawa before serving. Moreover, you can easily find this dabelis sold one every street and corner in Gujarat.
Furthermore, the best point of dabeli recipe is, you can prepared potato masala before and while serving the dabeli stuffed masala and other ingredients at the time of serving. You can also make chutney before serving the dabeli. And also you can store chutney and potato filling for hours. So at the time of serving, you may save your time. Dabeli is best roadside street food for any time of hunger.
Kutchi Dabeli Recipe
For Dabeli Stuffing
- 4 Boiled Potatoes (Mashed)
- 3 Tbsp Onion (Finely Chopped)
- ¼ Tbsp Hing
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- ½ Tbsp Cumin
- ½ Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Tbsp Dabeli Masala
- Salt as per Taste
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate
- Firstly, take kadai, add oil, cumin seeds and hing.
- When cumin seeds crackle add turmeric powder and onion. Then cook till onions are golden brown.
- Furthermore, add readymade dabeli masala.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes in it. And mix well.
- Garnish with some pomegranate and masala peanuts.
- Then cut the pav from the middle.
- Spread some garlic chutney on pav as per your taste.
- Now stuff spicy potato masala.
- Then garnish with some sev, onion and masala peanuts.
- Furthermore, take tawa and roast dabeli from both sides well.
- Lastly, serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
How to Make Dabeli Recipe (Instructions)
1. Firstly, take kadai, add oil, cumin seeds and hing.
2. When cumin seeds crackle add turmeric powder and onion. Then cook till onions are golden brown.
3. Furthermore, add readymade dabeli masala.
4. Now add boiled and mashed potatoes in it. And mix well.
5. Garnish with some pomegranate and masala peanuts.
6. Then cut the pav from the middle.
7. Spread some garlic chutney on pav as per your taste.
8. Now stuff spicy potato masala.
9. Then garnish with some sev, onion and masala peanuts.
10. Furthermore, take tawa and roast dabeli from both sides well.
11. Lastly, serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Tips to Making Dabeli Recipe
- Firstly, mashed the stuffing well.
- Secondly, you can add more chilli powder as per your spice level.
- Moreover, you can add turminder chutney for sweet and tangy flavor in your dabeli recipe.
- Lastly, potato stuffing and chutney both you can make hours before serving for time-consuming.
We hope you have found this recipe helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section is below. You should subscribe to our newsletter and get notified when we publish new recipes. Even more, you can explore here other interesting recipes.
If you like our recipes, please consider buying us a coffee.
Thank you for your support!
Buy me a coffee!