Green Chutney Recipe | How To Make Green Chutney
How to make Green Chutney recipe also know as Coriander Chutney at home. Any sandwich recipe or chaat recipe is incomplete without the Green Chutney. But also there are numerous variations to the traditional Green Chutney recipes, this one is the most famous and closest to the street-style spicy Green Chutney. It is also known as Bombay Sandwich Chutney Recipe. Its a green colored spiced chutney recipe which is used for a sandwich, chaat, etc. and it is prepared with mint and coriander leaves. Green Chutney is a flavourful dressing made with fresh mint, coriander, garlic, ginger, cumin and curd or lime juice. It is one of the most basic chutneys that is eaten with all kinds of Indian snacks, chaat and sandwiches, etc. I also use the same chutney to use in chaat snacks like bhelpuri, dahiwada, aloo chaat, vadapav, papdi chaat, samosa, aloo tikki, veg cutlet, bread rolls.
Spicy Green Chutney Recipe
Generally, this green chutney usually used by Mumbai’s street food vendors for Bombay sandwich recipe. However, in the present day, the green chutney recipe has been popularized and available as ready to use packages in many retail stores. And also it is used as a dip for various snacks i.e., we can say it, it is a multipurpose chutney.
Moreover, this chutney can be used in a vegetable sandwich like add only tomatoes or cucumber or onion and spread this chutney on bread and serve. This Green Chutney is a refreshing chutney and can be prepared in just 15 minutes and also can be stored in the fridge for minimum 3-4 days and in a deep freeze, it’s also frozen for 3-4 months, but convert it into ice cubes and store in the freezer. Its best idea for who are finding less consuming time work people.
Furthermore, this Green Chutney is very easy to make, yet I would like to share some simple tips and suggestions. Firstly you can use the same proportion of mint and coriander leaves but you can adjust the ratio of coriander leaves and mint leaves as per your choice. Secondly, i have used peanuts as a thickening agent with mint and coriander leaves. Alternatively, you can also use roaster bengal gram or chana dal. It will give the same result. Lastly, you want to enhance your chutney’s green colour then add blanched palak in it. It provides the best color for your chutney.
Green Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves ((Finely Chopped))
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves ((Finely Chopped))
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger
- 4 Clove Garlic
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp Jeera / Cumin
- 1 tbsp Curd
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Green Chilli
- Water as Required
- Firstly wash coriander leaves and mint leaves together. It helps grind the leaves quickly.
- Secondly, take a mixie jar and add washed coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, peanuts, ginger and garlic. Grind well.
- Furthermore, add jeera / cumin, sugar and salt as per taste. Again grind it into a smooth paste.
- Moreover, add curd in it and again grind till curd mix well.
- Now your green chutney is ready to serve with any dish.
Instructions For Green Chutney Recipe
1. Firstly wash coriander leaves and mint leaves together. It helps grind the leaves quickly.
2. Secondly, take a mixie jar and add washed coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, peanuts, ginger and garlic. Grind well.
3. Furthermore, add jeera / cumin, sugar and salt as per taste. Again grind it into a smooth paste.
4. Moreover, add curd in it and again grind till curd mix well.
5. Now your green chutney is ready to serve with any dish.
Some Important Tips
- Washed coriander leaves and mint leaves help grind the leaves quickly.
- Adjust the amount of green chilli as per your spice level.
- Furthermore, adding peanuts for a creamy texture.
- Moreover, it can be reused until 4-5 days if refrigerated. But add a few drops of cooking oil in it, so it’s color never change while refrigerated.
We hope you have found this recipe helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section is below. You should subscribe to our newsletter and get notified when we publish new recipes. Even more, you can explore here other interesting recipes.
If you like our recipes, please consider buying us a coffee.
Thank you for your support!
Buy me a coffee!