Aloo Paratha Recipe | How to Make Aloo Paratha (Ajwain Flavor)
How to make Aloo Paratha recipe at home with some unique way in a step by step recipe. Aloo Paratha is one of the most popular paratha recipes from Punjab. Aloo paratha is the most loved recipe for breakfast. A stuffed flatbread recipe made with wheat flour and spiced with boiled potatoes. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, but also it can be served in dinner and lunch. It tastes with any pickle or curd. But I would like to share this recipe with some twist in it. The aloo stuffing is very simple and easy to make.
Ajwain Flavor Aloo Paratha Recipe
In Indian recipes, many flatbreads which are generally from wheat flour and plain flour. In which there are some variations like stuffed with boiled and spiced of vegetables. You can also use your leftover sabzis like aloo sabzi or gobi sabzi etc. as a stuffing in paratha and reuse of your things in a different way to surprise your family. But in this recipe, I would like to share the traditional Aloo Paratha Recipe with boiled potatoes.
Moreover, some suggestions and tips while preparing the Aloo Paratha Recipe. Firstly, once the dough kneads, allow it to rest for some time and use regular cooking oil while making the dough. Secondly, grate the boiled potatoes so that it is mashed perfectly and eventually to bits of help while filling.
Lastly, one important thing, we use cotton rumal while rolling the stuffed paratha as per my described steps and images so that all moisture of paratha absorbed and gone well as much as you want to thin it and didn’t break it or stick over roller pin. While cooking the Aloo Paratha add oil or butter both sides of paratha on tawa. But ensure that paratha does not absorb more oil while cooking. While serving the Aloo Paratha, topping of butter slice and choice of a pickle as a side dish.
Aloo Paratha Recipe
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Water as required
- 5-6 Boiled and Mashed Potatoes ((medium Size))
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Onion ((Big Size))
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Ajwain
- Salt as per taste
- Tomato Ketchup
- Take a bowl and add wheat flour.
- Now add salt and oil.
- Furthermore, add water and start kneading the dough.
- Lastly, add a few drops of oil and knead well. Then cover the dough and rest for some time.
- Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes.
- Now add finely chopped onion and green chilli. Mix well.
- Furthermore, add all dry spices and again mix gently.
- Then stuffing is ready.
- Take a pinch of sized ball dough on the rolling board.
- Furthermore, take cotton rumal on rolling board, dust few flours and try to roll paratha.
- Roll roti shape paratha till you can stretch it out. ( by cotton rumal, paratha didn’t stick on rolling board so you can stretch how long you want. )
- Place the paratha on iron pan and cook well from both sides with oil or butter.
- Now place your cooked paratha on serving plate and put a cube of butter on it and then serve with tomato ketchup.
Instructions to Make Aloo Paratha Recipe
1. Take a bowl and add wheat flour.
2. Now add salt and oil.
3. Furthermore, add water and start kneading the dough.
4. Lastly, add a few drops of oil and knead well. Then cover the dough and rest for some time.
1. Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes.
2. Now add finely chopped onion and green chilli. Mix well.
3. Furthermore, add all dry spices and again mix gently.
4. Then stuffing is ready.
1. Take a pinch of sized ball dough on the rolling board.
2. Now roll small roti from that.
3. Put one tbsp of stuffing on it.
4. Then fold gently in round shape.
5. Furthermore, take cotton rumal on rolling board, dust some flours and try to roll paratha.
6. Roll roti shape paratha till you can stretch it out. (by cotton rumal, paratha didn’t stick on rolling board so you can stretch how long you want.)
7. Place the paratha on iron pan and cook well from both sides with oil or butter.
8. Now place your cooked paratha on serving plate and put a cube of butter on it and then serve with tomato ketchup.
Tips to Making Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Firstly the dough needs to be soft and smooth. If it doesn’t, then it will give a hard time rolling and parathas are not rolling out perfect.
- Furthermore, mashed potatoes well and finely chop onion and green chilli. So they don’t pop out while rolling.
- Moreover, let the stuffing cool completely before you start making the paratha. Otherwise, the dough will get soft and will get sticky and break.
- More Practice makes it perfect. If you are preparing for the first time, maybe it will break. But it should not stop you making the next one.
We hope you have found this recipe helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section is below. You should subscribe to our newsletter and get notified when we publish new recipes. Even more, you can explore here other interesting recipes.
If you like our recipes, please consider buying us a coffee.
Thank you for your support!
Buy me a coffee!