Suji ka Halwa Recipe | How to make Suji Halwa Recipe
How to make Suji ka Halwa Recipe at home. Suji Halwa Recipe also known as Satyanarayan Pooja Prasad Sheera or Halwa or Mahaprasad recipe. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (Suji Halwa) is also known as Rava Sheera in Western India and Rava Kesari in South India, with few ingredients being changed here and there after almost recipe is same. Satyanarayana mahaprasad is offered to Lord Vishnu. Suji Halwa is a classic Indian semolina pudding made with sugar, ghee and dry fruits. We have been making this suji ka halwa recipe for decades during family get-togethers, special occasions & festivals. The suji halwa recipe can easily be halved, doubled or tripled.
Suji Halwa Recipe (Suji ka Halwa Recipe)
If you prepared Satyanarayan Pooja Mahaprasad, it’s made from semolina, sugar, ghee, milk, bananas, basil leaves(tulsi), etc. For mahaprasad basil leaves(tulsi) and banana are a must. And also the quantity of ghee is increased if offering otherwise it can be reduced for home use only – The simple suji ka halwa which also prepared for day to day use as per your taste. In maharashtra, the bananas are boiled and cooked before adding it to sheera but in Gujarat, directly added it while preparing the sheera for prasad.
The recipe is most simple for suji ka halwa | satyanarayana pooja prasad, yet some easy and simple tips while preparing. Firstly roast the suji on low flame till it turns aromatic otherwise halwa to become sticky. Secondly adding fresh homemade ghee make prasada more authentic, rich and flavourful. In last, an equal proportion of semolina(suji), ghee, milk, water and bananas are must to add while preparing for prasada else you can reduce or increase as per your choice.
Suji ka Halwa (Suji Halwa Recipe)
- 700 ml Lukewarm Milk
- 2 cup Semolina / Suji (Rava)
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cardamom Powder
- Pinch of Saffron
- Firstly take lukewarm milk and mix cardamom powder.
- Take kadai, add ghee and suji.
- Dry roast till light golden brown and aromatic.
- Now add milk in batches. Make sure no any lums over in it. Mix well till ghee separated from suji.
- Furthermore, add sugar in it and mix well till sugar dissolves.
- Again cook till ghee separated.
- Garnish with cashews, almonds, cardamom powder, raisins and pinch of saffron. Suji Halwa is ready for any occasion.
Suji ka Halwa (Suji Halwa Recipe) Instructions
1. Firstly take lukewarm milk and mix cardamom powder.
2. Take kadai, add ghee and suji.
3. Dry roast till light golden brown and aromatic.
4. Now add milk in batches. Make sure no any lums over in it. Mix well till ghee separated from suji.
5. Furthermore, add sugar in it and mix well till sugar dissolves.
6. Again cook till ghee starting separated from sheera.
7. Garnish with cashews, almonds, cardamom powder, raisins and pinch of saffron. Suji Halwa is ready for any occasion.
Some Important Tips
- Firstly if you want to add saffron, then add few saffrons leaves in lukewarm milk.
- You can also mix water in milk as on the same proportion of both. But it’s in rich flavor with milk only. Especially for pooja or satyanarayan katha, there is only use milk.
- Roast semolina / suji nicely otherwise your sheera will taste sticky.
- Furthermore, you can also add dry fruits and fruits like chopped banana, chopped apple, chopped green or black grapes, etc of your choice of preference.
- You can store Satyanarayan Prasad / Suji Halwa in the fridge for 3-4 days. And then when you want suji halwa microwave it and enjoy. Else it tastes excellent while cold also.
We hope you have found this recipe helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section is below. You should subscribe to our newsletter and get notified when we publish new recipes. Even more, you can explore here other interesting recipes.
If you like our recipes, please consider buying us a coffee.
Thank you for your support!
Buy me a coffee!