Rava Idli Recipe | How to make Rava Idli Recipe | Suji Idli Recipe
How to make Rava Idli recipe at home with step by step photo recipe. Rava Idli recipe also known as Suji Idli Recipe is an instant version of Idli for anytime hunger. Even Rava Idli recipe can be prepared with different variations of your choice with including vegetables and masala. But here presenting plain white Suji Idli recipe which can be prepared within minutes. Suji Idli or Rava Idli is generally served with Sambar and coconut chutney or other different kinds of choice chutney.
Instant Rava Idli Recipe (Suji Idli Recipe)
Moreover, normally Idli recipe can be prepared with rice and urad dal ingredients. But in Suji Idli were prepared with coarse semolina in the place of rice. Suji or semolina is a bit thick as compared to rava. And Rava is a coarse version of Suji. So if you don’t have rava and want to make rava idli then grind the suji in a mixer grinder for just 1-2 minutes and your rava is ready. And there is no need to buy rava from the market. There are also available ready to mix packets in the market.
Furthermore, I would like to share some tips and suggestions for tasty Suji Idli recipe. Firstly, dry roast suji before using it. However, you can store roasted suji or rava but freshly roasted suji tastes great. Secondly, you can add masala like mustard seeds, cumin, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, etc and vegetables like carrot, onion, coriander leaves, blanched palak, etc for the healthier version which is called masala idli. Thirdly, I’m using fresh curd for avoiding soreness in idli. Lastly, here I’m adding eno fruit salt regular to fasten the fermentation process but as a replacement, you can also add baking soda. Moreover, eno gives white color texture to idli as compared to baking soda.
Rava Idli Recipe (Suji Idli Recipe)
- 1 Cup Suji (Rava / Semolina)
- 1 Cup Curd
- Salt as per taste
- ½ Tbsp Eno (Fruit salt)
- Water as Required
- Cashew for Garnishing
- Firstly take a kadai and roast semolina for a few minutes.
- Secondly, rest semolina till cool in room temperature.
- Moreover, add curd and mix well.
- Then cover with a lid and rest in a warm place till 20-30 minutes.
- Furthermore, add water as required and mix gently.
- Then add eno and salt and mix till better go fluffy.
- Now immediately fill all this better on idli stand. And garnish with some cashews.
- Then place this idli stand to idli cooker which already preheated with water inside for 5 minutes. Cook idli for atleast 15 minutes.
- Furthermore, transfer the idli in serving plate and sprinkle some red chilli powder and serve hot.
Rava Idli Recipe (Instant Suji Idli) Instructions
1. Firstly take a kadai and roast semolina for a few minutes.
2. Secondly, rest semolina till cool in room temperature.
3. Moreover, add curd and mix well.
4. Then cover with a lid and rest in a warm place till 20-30 minutes.
5. Furthermore, add water as required and mix gently.
6. Then add eno and salt and mix till better go fluffy.
7. Now immediately fill all this better on idli stand. And garnish with some cashews.
8. Then place this idli stand to idli cooker which already preheated with water inside for 5 minutes. Cook idli for atleast 15 minutes.
9. Furthermore, transfer the idli in serving plate and sprinkle some red chilli powder and serve hot.
Some Important Tips
- Firstly, roast the semolina proper on medium flame.
- Secondly, you can add masala and vegetables of your choice for a healthier version.
- Moreover, rest suji after adding curd for at least 20 minutes and then after that add eno or baking soda just before steaming the suji idli or rava idli.
- Furthermore, you can prepare the batter and store in a fridge before adding eno or baking soda in the batter.
We hope you have found this recipe helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section is below. You should subscribe to our newsletter and get notified when we publish new recipes. Even more, you can explore here other interesting recipes.
If you like our recipes, please consider buying us a coffee.
Thank you for your support!
Buy me a coffee!