Tomato Soup Recipe | How to make Tomato Soup
How to make Tomato Soup Recipe at home with step by step photo recipe. Cream of Tomato Soup is popular in all places like restaurants, marriage functions, etc which is vary as per different places. In Tomato Soup recipe, butter, tomatoes, carrots and onions are cooked till mashy. Tomato Soup is a healthy and tasty and creamy soup recipe which is prepared with ripe and juicy tomatoes and spices.
Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe
Moreover, Soup is good for health. There is a variation in soup recipes like vegetable soup, manchow soup, corn soup, lemon coriander soup, carrot soup, beetroot soup, etc. But especially, tomato soup is very easy to make and enjoyable soup in all over the world. In this recipe, tomatoes, carrots and onions are cooked together and grind in a smooth paste. It is a very easy method to follow at home and enjoy the flavor.
Furthermore, I want to share some suggestions for a Tomato Soup recipe. Firstly, choose ripe and juicy tomatoes for the soup recipe. Then cook all ingredients together for best taste with butter. Secondly, use water as required. Otherwise, the soup’s taste may change as per too thick too or too watery. Additionally, add carrot as to balance the sourness of tomatoes and carrot gives thickness in a soup. You can also add cornstarch instead of carrot to make thickness in a soup. Lastly, you can add home base malai or readymade cream for a more creamy and shiny or silky texture.
How to Serve Tomato Soup
Basically, tomato soup is served with fried bread croutons (fried bread pieces) which are usually served in restaurants, etc. Actually which is very oily and not good for health. So you can semi fried bread or roast in tawa with butter or oil or you can also roast the bread in the oven for a healthy version. Moreover, you can also use garlic bread for a tasty variation.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2½ Tomato (Roughly Chopped)
- ½ Onion (Roughly Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Carrot (Roughly Chopped)
- ¼ Tbsp Butter
- 4 Garlic Clove
- ¼ Tbsp Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cream (Malai)
- Salt as per Taste
- Water as Required
- Firstly, take kadai and add butter to it.
- When butter starts melting, add onion, ginger and garlic. And saute for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, add tomato and carrot in it and mix it well.
- Then add 1 cup of water and cover the kadai with a lid and cook till it is mashy.
- Transfer in a mixer grinder and grind it into a smooth paste and sieve once.
- Then in the same kadai, again simmer a gravy on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add sugar, black pepper powder, salt and cream. Mix it well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Your tomato soup is ready to serve hot with toasted bread.
Instructions to Make Tomato Soup Recipe
1. Firstly, take kadai and add butter to it.
2. When butter starts melting, add onion, ginger and garlic. And saute for 2 minutes on medium flame.
3. Now, add tomato and carrot in it and mix it well.
4. Then add 1 cup of water and cover the kadai with a lid and cook till it is mashy.
5. Transfer in a mixer grinder and grind it into a smooth paste and sieve once.
6. Then in the same kadai, again simmer a gravy on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
7. Now add sugar, black pepper powder, salt and cream. Mix it well and simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Your tomato soup is ready to serve hot with toasted bread.
Tips to Making Tomato Soup Recipe
- Firstly, use juicy and ripe tomatoes for the tomato soup recipe.
- Secondly, use carrots for thickness and cutting the tomato sourness in a soup. Or you can also use cornstarch of thickness.
- Now you can variate a tomato soup with so many options like you can add spinach or boiled corn or vegetables etc.
- Additionally, adding cream is totally optional but for creamy, shiny and silkiness in a tomato soup, cream or malai is the main part of the soup.
- Lastly, you can serve toasted bread or garlic bread or bread croutons (fried bread pieces) for making more tasteful.
We hope you have found this recipe helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section is below. You should subscribe to our newsletter and get notified when we publish new recipes. Even more, you can explore here other interesting recipes.
If you like our recipes, please consider buying us a coffee.
Thank you for your support!
Buy me a coffee!